Easy and Fast Ways to Use Your Instant Pot
- Beans. Replace preservative-filled canned beans. Simply add one pound of dry beans, 2 tsp salt, and water to cover to the Instant Pot. Press the "Beans" setting, or manually program the machine for 40 minutes.
- Homemade Chicken Broth. Canned or boxed chicken broth can cost several dollars per container, and it never tastes as good as homemade. Add chicken thighs and wings to the pot and some sliced onions, carrots and celery, and salt to taste. Press the "Soup" button or manually program the machine to pressure cook for 45 minutes. After cooking is completed, strain the bones and vegetables out of the broth. Freeze the extra.
- Steel-Cut Oats. Replace expensive, sugary instant oatmeal with healthy homemade oats. Put in 1 part oats to 3 parts water and pressure cook for 10 minutes. Add fruit or maple syrup to the result.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs. These make great snacks, and the Instant Pot makes them so easy to peel. Put anywhere from 1-10 eggs in your pot, cover with water, and program for 4 minutes. After cooking, plunge eggs in cold water and peel. Great for homemade egg salad.
- Pot Roast. The Instant Pot makes cheaper cuts of meat as tender as filet mignon. Add a bit of oil to the pot, then saute some sliced onions and garlic with the "Saute" setting. Cut a 4-pound chuck roast in several pieces and sear on the "Saute" setting. Then hit the "Meat" button or manually set to pressure cook for 40 minutes. (Make sure to let the pressure release naturally.)